- Course Title: Analytic Geometry and Calculus I
- Course Description: First course in the standard calculus sequence. Introduction to the theory, methods, and applications of differential calculus and an introduction to the definite integral. Topics include: algebraic and trigonometric functions, limits and continuity, rules for differentiation, applications of the derivative, antiderivatives, and the definition and basic properties of the definite integral.
- Instructor: Tom Lewis.
- Office & Phone Numbers: 205-K Riley Hall, (864) 294-3640.
- Office Hours: Monday: 10:30-11:30; Tuesday 10:30-11:30 and 2:30-3:30; Wednesday: 2:30-3:30; Friday: 10:30-11:30; and by appointment.
- Text: Calculus, Eighth Edition, Stewart
- Tests and Assignments: There will be four tests, a final examination and weekly assignments. See the course calendar for the test dates.
- Final Examination: The final exam schedules for my sections of Math 150 are as follows:
- Math 150-01: 8:30am, 7 December
- Math 150-03: 12:00pm, 11 December
- Grading: Each test and the final will count for 100 points;
the assignments will count for 50 points; thus, there are
a total of 550 points for the course. Your grade will
be determined according to the following scale:
- A: 495-550
- B: 440-494
- C: 385-439
- D: 330-384
- F: 0-329
- Course Withdrawal: 1 November. This is the last day to withdraw from the course.
Click on calendar items for additional information.